Internal Complaint and Gender Sensitization Committee
Are You Being Sexually Harassed?
If you are a female student or employee experiencing sexual harassment at your college or if you want to help a victim, read the Act on Sexual Harassment by clicking on the following link:
The sexual harassment of Women at workplace Act, 2013
This law came into effect on December 9th, 2013. The University of Delhi adopted it on January 9th, 2014 and issued the notification on the same day.
What constitutes sexual harassment?
Sexual harassment includes unwelcome sexual behavior of direct or implied nature such as:
- Physical contact and advances
- Request for sexual favors
- Sexually colored remarks
- Showing pornography
- Unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal sexual conduct
How does one prepare a complaint?
- Write exactly what happened with details, dates, names of witnesses & documents, if any.
- Be specific about the incident/incidents.
- Be honest as false complaints can invite penalties.
- You need to file a complaint of sexual harassment within three months of the incident.
How to file the complaint?
A complaint may be filed through the email id firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Submit the complaint directly either to Dr. Naveen Dua, Presiding officer, Internal
Complaints and Gender Sensitisation Committee or Administration Office.
Internal Complaints and Gender Sensitisation Committee
|Name of the members
|Dr. Naveen Dua (Presiding Officer)
|Dr. Rekha Sharma
|Mrs. Navdeep Kaur
|Dr. Saranjit Kaur (Library)
|Harpreet Singh (Accounts Department)
|Mrs.Rekha Gupta (Advocate)
Gender Sensitization Action Plan
Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce aims to create a gender-sensitized and
gender-just environment in the campus, bringing the change in mindsets and a shift in
perspectives. We put an impetus on behavioural modification by raising awareness on
gender equality concerns and providing a gender-inclusive environment for teaching-
learning, technological creation, innovation, development, and research on campus. Promoting communication in respect of human dignity and social responsibility is what
the institution continues to strive for in future. The plan of action towards Gender
Sensitization on Campus in the upcoming years is summarized below.
- Various campaigns, training sessions, webinars, workshops, etc. will be conducted
to promote diversity and gender-inclusive communication, involving all the
stakeholders on campus.
- Conducting regular activities for raising awareness among student and staff
members, fair representation of leadership roles, facilitating impartial participation,
and gender balance in team-based projects is envisioned.
- Women Development Cell and NSS Unit of the College are working towards
promoting equality and raising awareness on women-related issues through different
events planned in future.
- Different activities and themes on gender parity, embedded in the curriculum to be
- Sessions focusing on gender, women’s rights, and women empowerment will be
conducted for students by the departmental faculty members.
- Regular counselling sessions will be continued for the girl students by the female
faculty members. Weekly meetings between the mentor and mentee will also ensure
to ease the psychological stress among students.
- The college continues to promote events which emphasize on the current judicial
scenario for sexual harassment at workplace and various dos and don’ts for
prevention of such malpractices.
- Meetings of the Internal Complaints and Gender Sensitisation Committee for Sexual Harassment of Women
at Workplace to be regularly held, ensuring safety and security of women in college